Being a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM is largely considered the highest standard in financial planning. The CFP® exam requires 12+ months of preparation and has an esteemed set of prerequisites and requirements.
Zuly Feliz joined our team in 2013, and she currently oversees day-to-day operations of investments. Advancing her career and knowledge was an important goal for Zuly, one that we were happy to support! Any client that has worked closely with Zuly has had a great experience. We are excited to expand her role in the organization, as she is an added resource for our clients. For the last 18 months, she’s been studying the July 2019 CFP® exam.
It’s our honor to announce that Zuly Feliz passed the CFP® board exam and is now a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM.
Congratulations, Zuly Feliz, CFP®
ABOUT THE CFP® EXAM:
There are strict requirements to even be considered to take the CFP® exam. Offered only a few times a year, the exam is a computerized six hour, 170-question exam designed to test a professional’s ability to apply a range of financial planning knowledge in real life situations.
As described on CFP.net, to receive a CFP® designation, one must:
- CFP® professionals must pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Examination,
- Pass CFP Board's Fitness Standards for Candidates and Professionals Eligible for Reinstatement,
- Agree to abide by CFP Board's Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and Rules of Conduct which put clients' interests first; and
- Comply with the Financial Planning Practice Standards which spell out what clients should be able to reasonably expect from the financial planning engagement.
Less than 25% of practicing financial advisors are CFPs®. Certified Financial Planners are required to maintain their certification, too. It’s not a “one and done” designation. Read more about the stringent requirements of the CFP® exam here.
At Condon Sullivan Wealth Management & Planning, we are proud to have two (2) existing CFP® professionals on our team — Matthew J. Condon, CFP® and Thomas J. Sullivan, CFP®. With Zuly’s certification, that makes 3 CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM on the Condon Sullivan team!
- Learn more about Matthew J. Condon, CFP® here.
- Learn more about Thomas J. Sullivan, CFP® here.
- Learn more about Zuly Feliz, CFP® here.